about shoreline quartz

What is Shoreline Quartz?

Shoreline Quartz is comprised of 93% quartz, one of the hardest minerals on earth, giving the material the superior strength to stone. It is an excellent surface for kitchen worktops, bathrooms, floors and wall cladding using the minimum number of joints.

In addition, it comes in a variety of different shades of quartz color, offering any number of decorative possibilities. Quartz slabs are comprised of 93% pure quartz mined from the earth.  The remaining 7% is comprised of a  mixture of resins, binders and dyes that give the slab it’s color and hold the crushed quartz together.  Because it is formed in a vacuum sealed press, the quartz slabs are 100% non-porous.  Since quartz slabs are non-porous, they never require a sealer and will not stain or absorb any spilled liquids. Quartz countertops will not harbor or promote the growth of any fungus or bacteria.  Another benefit of being formed in a vacuum press is the absence of any voids or fissures in the stone. This eliminates any weak points resulting in an incredibly durable and resilient slab.  Because of it’s incredible resistance to scratching, breakage and heat, Shoreline quartz is able to extend a 15 yr. limited warranty on its quartz slabs.

  • Scratch resistant Quartz is one of the hardest minerals in the world. This makes our products very durable, with a high level of resistance to external aggressions.
  • Stain Resistant Shoreline Quartz is a non-porous surface and highly resistant to stains from coffee, wine, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, makeup and many other everyday products.
  • Heat Resistant Shoreline Quartz is heat resistant, but it is NOT heat proof and does require some heat protection. ANY stone surfaces can be damaged by sudden and/or rapid change of temperature especially near the edges, as well as direct and/or sustained heating of the top. Shoreline Quartz may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, and some crockpots or roaster ovens and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a hot pad or trivet is always recommended to prevent damage to the product and to sustain the beauty of your new countertop.